55 - 65 (5:45am - 6pm, Mon - Fri, some Saturdays) Hours per Week
This is an hourly position.
Start Date Not Specified
Open - Education
None - Experience
None - Security Clearance
The Blaster Operator is responsible for operating cranes, hoists and manipulator equipment to transport castings to and from the Blaster machine.Apply Now
• Operate cranes and hoists effectively and safely, transporting castings to and from machines using an air hoist and/or cranes.
• Fill out machining cards on a daily basis to insure productivity level and inventory control.
• Communicate with forklift drivers to increase the flow of product to the Finish Department.
• Perform preventive maintenance inspections on the tools and production equipment daily to ensure safe operating condition.
• Perform preventive maintenance inspections on the blaster machinery and surrounding area on a daily basis to ensure a safe work environment and an acceptable productivity level.
• Complete production requirements on a daily and weekly basis.
• Become trained in Lock-out/Tag-out and other applicable safety programs, as required.
• Lift and move parts and objects with a hoist weighing up to 100 lbs.; frequently positions parts and objects weighing up to 100 lbs. in difficult work positions.
• Use hand tools such as hammers, pry-bars, wrenches etc. safety and properly.
• Stack parts properly and safely on floor or skids as directed.
• Inspect hooks, slings, chains, cranes and hoists to make sure they are in safe operating condition and lifting devices are not used in excess of weight limits.
• Perform and assist with general housekeeping and clean-up of area, department and plant on a daily basis.
• Keep work area clean, organized and in safe operating condition.
• Monitors proper level of shot blast and the overall operational status of blaster machine.
• Uses a sledge hammer and other tools to break gating and flash.
• Separates gating, flash, cores and other materials from casting before entry into blasting machine.
• Maintains proper product flow from the shake-out until ready for transport by forklift operator.
• Organizes castings by product number and lettering.
• Separates scrap castings from quality castings so that they may be inspected by Quality.
• Communicate mold or scrap problems to Team Lead and/or Supervisor.
• Other activities as may be assigned in order to maintain production requirements of the department or plant. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. Job duties may change over time and additional job functions may become essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• No educational requirements
• Must be able to read, communicate and understand instructions in the English language
• Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time
• Must actively engage in safe working practices
• Must be able to tolerate hot working conditions and a loud environment
• Must be comfortable working in small spaces
• Previous experience utilizing basic hand tools, hoists, and tape measure preferred
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Must be at least 18 years old to apply
• Previous foundry experience a plus
• No previous experience required, we will train you!
Candidates for positions with NEI, Neenah Foundry Company and its subsidiaries must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All offers of employment will be conditioned upon successful completion of a post-offer drug screen. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.