55 - 65 Hours per Week
This is an hourly position.
14.35 - $14.85
Start Date Not Specified
Open - Education
None - Security Clearance
The Summer Help position is responsible for working on the production floor performing general labor job duties. They must also maintain their work stations, tools, and PPE. Working safely at all times is also a top priority.
The Metal Finisher - Chipper/Grinder role is responsible for removing any excess metal from castings by chipping, grinding, or vibrating them off. This role is an entry-level opportunity and does not require any previous experience. The position does offer the opportunity for cross training and experience in a variety of tasks related to production.
• Operate cranes and hoists effectively and safely, transporting castings to and from machines using an air hoist and/or cranes.
• Remove excess metal from castings using pneumatic hand grinding or stand grinding equipment.
• Inspect the castings to ensure quality.
• Perform preventive maintenance inspections on the tools and production equipment daily to ensure safe operating condition.
• Communicate with other grinders, forklift drivers and machinists to increase the flow of product to the Finish Department.
• Complete production requirements on a daily and weekly basis.
• Become trained in Lock-out/Tag-out and other applicable safety programs if required.
• Lift and move parts and objects weighing up to 100 lbs.; frequently moves and positions parts and objects weighing up to 100 lbs. in difficult work positions.
• Use hand tools such as hammers, pry-bars, wrenches etc. safety and properly.
• Stack parts properly and safely on floor or skids as directed.
• Inspect hooks, slings, chains, cranes and hoists to make sure they are in safe operating condition and lifting devices are not used in excess of weight limits.
• Inspect grinders and other tools to ensure they are in safe operating condition.
• Perform and assist with general housekeeping and cleaning of area, department and plant on a daily basis.
• Keep work area clean, organized and in safe condition.
Typical work week is Monday - Friday, Saturdays as required by business needs
Multiple shifts available:
1st: 6:00AM - 6PM
2nd: 6PM - 6AM
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. Job duties may change over time and additional job functions may become essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• No previous experience required, we will train you!
• No educational requirements
• Must be able to read, communicate and understand instructions in the English language
• Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time
• Must actively engage in safe working practices
• Must be able to tolerate hot working conditions and a loud environment
• Must be comfortable working in small spaces
• Previous experience utilizing basic hand tools, hoists, and tape measure preferred
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Must be at least 18 years old to apply
• Previous foundry experience a plus
Candidates for positions with NEI, Neenah Foundry Company and its subsidiaries must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All offers of employment will be conditioned upon successful completion of a post-offer drug screen. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.