40-45 (7am - 3:30pm) Hours per Week
This is an hourly position.
Start Date Not Specified
Open - Education
None - Security Clearance
The Shipping role is responsible for performing the daily tasks associated with wrapping, banding, staging, retrieving, securing and loading products in preparation for shipment to customers.Apply Now
• Locate, move, stage, and package castings for orders and loading.
• Be courteous and helpful to customers and carriers.
• Assist in the organization of products, equipment, tools, and materials in the Yard.
• Maintain a safe, organized, and clean working area.
• Follow all safety rules, work procedures and department and company regulations as trained to perform.
• Follow work assignments and instructions made by management.
• Other activities as may be assigned in order to maintain production requirements of the department or plant. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of management.
• Plan and arrange the storage locations of products in the Yard and maintain an updated record of such.
• Store, locate and retrieve products in the Yard; maintain inventory records.
• Maintain the organization and housekeeping of the Yard.
• Ensure that all products are stacked, stored and staged safely and properly for storage and shipment.
• Carry out the loading and rigging of product onto trailers and trucks.
• Look at daily truckload order forms and be sure the correct material is loaded for customers.
• Check quality of all products.
• Assist truck drivers in securing products before leaving the Yard.
• Assist in training employees new to the Yard on how to do their job effectively and safely as well as orientate them to the PPE, tools and equipment they must use.
• Maintain, properly store and have available the necessary tools and equipment to perform Yard tasks.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. Job duties may change over time and additional job functions may become essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• No previous experience required, we will train you!
• No educational requirements
• Must be able to read, communicate and understand instructions in the English language
• Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time
• Must actively engage in safe working practices
• Must be able to tolerate hot working conditions and a loud environment
• Must be comfortable working in small spaces
• Previous experience utilizing basic hand tools, hoists, and tape measure preferred
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Must be at least 18 years old to apply
• Previous foundry experience a plus
Candidates for positions with NEI, Neenah Foundry Company and its subsidiaries must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All offers of employment will be conditioned upon successful completion of a post-offer drug screen. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.