55 - 65 (5:45pm - 6am, Monday - Friday, some Saturdays) Hours per Week
This is an hourly position.
16.50 - $20.50
Start Date Not Specified
Open - Education
1 - 3 years minumum
None - Security Clearance
The Team Lead provides first line leadership to a team of hourly non-exempt employees in a continuous process Foundry manufacturing environment. The role is responsible for ensuring safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency metrics are met through proper coaching and supervision of employees.Apply Now
• Responsible for the safety of the department employees. Oversee employee-compliance to safety rules and procedures for the department, company, and regulatory agencies such as OSHA.
• Make sure that all employees wear the required Personal Protective Equipment required for the job.
• Ensure that parts being worked are completed in a timely manner.
• Manage the inventory of tools, equipment, materials and supplies for the department.
• Be the primary source to communicate problems experienced to the Finish Room Supervisor.
• Resolve problems and barriers that impede work.
• Follow the daily schedule for grinding stations, machines, and drill presses.
• Notify Supervisor and/or maintenance of any mechanical or safety issues.
• Help out on the grinding lines, lathes, drill presses and forklift, when needed.
• Make sure parts that are being worked are being tracked and recorded by employees – Verify and make employees accountable.
• Perform and assist with general housekeeping and cleaning of work area and department on a daily basis.
• Count production cards and enter production into the computer.
• Place Audit tags on parts that need to be audited.
• Mark castings that need cut (# required and dimensions) and any special information.
• Keep watch of quality of parts that are being worked.
• Parts that have an Audit tag – make sure employees are doing audits – may need to assist and verify. Make sure the Audit tags and magnets get put back on the audit board.
• Ensure Neenah product are put on special Neenah pallets and audited.
• Earn a forklift license and drive forklift safely in performing jobs.
• Keep watch of employees staying busy and working safely.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. Job duties may change over time and additional job functions may become essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Be an example to others both in & outside of the department.
• Train and oversee new employees in department; ensure all employees work as a team. Create and maintain work hardening and training schedule for the department.
• See that all tools equipment, parts, supplies, material, etc. are properly organized, maintained and safeguarded so they remain in good condition.
• Coach and mentor employees in the department in regards to their performance of duties and technical tasks.
• Refer personnel and disciplinary issues to the Supervisor of the department.
• Train and motivate employees to do their jobs safely and effectively.
• Ensures that production processes are carried out as required.
• Reduces scrap and ensures quality in products manufactured.
• Participate in accident/incident investigations for injuries, near-misses, and property damage within 24 hours of the knowledge of an incident when requested.
• Lead stretching activities and provide daily communications to the team at the beginning of the shift.
• Recommend equipment upgrades, replacements and repair as necessary.
• Perform department preventive maintenance tasks as required.
• Communicate information to the Supervisor and Team Lead of the next shift to ensure effective and safe operations, efficient equipment and material usage, and quality assurance.
• Cover for the Supervisor as required due to vacation or absence.
• Mediate problems between employees. Communicate policies, procedures, goals and the mission of the department to department employees when requested.
• Other activities as may be assigned in order to maintain production requirements of the department or plant.
This position description is intended to cover the most significant, ongoing job functions and competency areas. Successful performance in the role will require performing satisfactorily other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Prior experience in a manufacturing or heavy industrial setting is required
• Knowledge of tools used in the Finish Room and their applications.
• Read and understand drawings and blueprints.
• Communicate (read, write and speak) in English is required. Ability to communicate in Spanish is desirable.
• Basic computer software experience is required (Work, Excel, PPT, email)
Candidates for positions with NEI, Neenah Foundry Company and its subsidiaries must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All offers of employment will be conditioned upon successful completion of a post-offer drug screen. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.