SedCatch Sediment Cage™
The Sediment Cage is a storm water inlet protection cage that can be installed over round, square and rectangular grates. There is absolutely no assembly required and the patented design requires no digging — simply tuck the skirt under the grate and the job is done.
The Sediment Cage can be installed at the time the basin is set and it will not get in the way of backfilling, grading or seeding, because it rests on the concrete apron surrounding the grate. The Sediment Cage does not require any digging, trenching or installation of stakes as was required by other antiquated methods. The heavy welded framework can withstand jobsite abuse; multiple uses and protects drains from sediment damage. The Sediment Cage is made of a heavy monofilament geotextile fabric that resists tearing.
Some of the other benefits include:
- Doesn't restrict opening in a flood.
- Can be installed at the time the basin is set.
- No trenching or backfilling.
- No landscaping repairs needed upon removal and
it is reusable.
- Doesn't collapse from rain, snow or ice.
- There are no stakes to deal with.
There are four standard sizes to fit most grates. If the size you need isn’t listed below, call a sales representative who will be able to assist you in your request.
32” Sediment Cage
- Fits square grates from 12”x12” through 22”x22”
- Fits round grates from 12” through 24” in diameter
- Fits rectangular grates with a diagonal from 17” and 31” (a2 + b2 = c2)
42” Sediment Cage
- Fits square grates from 23”x23” through 30”x30”
- Fits round grates from 25” through 34” in diameter
- Fits rectangular grates with a diagonal between 32” and 41”(a2 + b2 = c2)
52” Sediment Cage
- Fits square grates from 31”x31” through 37”x37”
- Fits round grates from 35” through 44” in diameter
- Fits rectangular grates with a diagonal between 42” and 51”(a2 + b2 = c2)
62” Sediment Cage
- Fits square grates from 38”x38” through 44”x44”
- Fits round grates from 45” through 54” in diameter
- Fits rectangular grates with diagonal between 52” and 61”(a2 + b2 = c2)
The advantages to using the Sediment Cage include:
- Supports the geotextile better than 2x4s and silt fences.
- After multiple uses and jobsite abuse, the Sediment Cage is still usable.
We want to ensure that we are providing you with the information you need, if there is any additional help we can provide, please let your sales representative know and we will be happy to assist you in your request.